When should refugee children start school?

IOnce you leave the initial reception facility, your child must go to school. The school responsible for your child is the school closest to your home or accommodation centre. Children who do not speak German yet start from special German classes.

The staff at your accommodation will assist you in the registration process.


When and where can I enrol my child?

You will be given an appointment for the registration either from the relevant elementary school or your child's kindergarten. The elementary school closest to your home is responsible for admitting your child. During registration, your child will be examined by a doctor and his German language skills will be checked.

The staff at your child's kindergarten can provide you more advise in the process.