The following documents have to be submitted along with your transfer application:
- ID or passport
- Registration certificate (“polizeiliche Anmeldung)”)
- Biometric passport photo
- Your eye test results (“Sehtest”) issued by an optician or ophthalmologist
- Confirmation of participation in a first aid course. You can find a first aid course nearby, for instance, on ASB or Johannitern.
- Original driving licence issued in your country of origin (handing in an international licence is not adequate). In principle, the driving licence must be translated into German by a sworn translator.
- A statement that confirms the driving licence issued in your homeland is still valid.
Sometimes the driving licence authorities ask applicants for a certificate of good conduct (“polizeiliches Führungszeugnis”) as well. You can receive such a document from your local administration authorities or apply for it online at www.fuehrungszeugnis.bund.de.
Please note: If you are applying for driving licence classes other than A (Motorcycles and alike) and B (Cars), you need to present some additional documents. You can learn more in this regard on the website of BMVI.