Children & Youth

Questions regarding life in Germany

Do you have any questions about education, work, learning German or, in general, life in Germany? Or are you having difficulties with your parents? The Youth Migration Service helps migrant/refugee children and adolescents up to the age of 27 with all their questions and issues. You can search for a Youth Migration Service counselling centre nearby on their website. The staff there speak various languages, and the service is free of charge.


Troubles and Crises Support for Children and Adolescents

Do you have concerns or difficulties and need someone to consult? At 116111, you can reach the "Nummer gegen Kummer" staff to share your concerns and seek help. You can contact them from Monday to Saturday (14:00 - 20:00) and share your problems anonymously if you prefer. The staff, however, only speak German. The service and the call are both free of charge.


Unaccompanied Minor Refugees

Are you a minor who've fled to Germany without parents? Do you have questions or concerns about your life here? The staff at the Federal Association for Unaccompanied Minor Refugees (BUMF) can provide you advice and support. They can be reached on Thursdays (10:00 to 12:00) via phone at 030-82097430. The staff, however, only speak German. You can also send them an e-mail to Their service is free of charge, so you just have to pay the regular call charges.



Are you pregnant and have questions or concerns? You can call the Helpline for Pregnant woman in distress at 0800-40 40 020 for assistance and support. The staff speak many languages ​​and are available day and night. They can also introduce you to a counselling centre in your area. You can benefit from their service anonymously and free of charge- the call itself is also free.



Have you recently experienced violence? Do you fear you may face violence? Call Helpline for Violence against Women at 08000 - 116 016 and seek help. The staff are available day and night and speak various languages ​​(German, English, Arabic, Farsi/Dari, French, Turkish, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Kurdish, Romanian, Polish, Russian, Albanian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Vietnamese and Chinese). Their service is anonymous and free of charge, and you do not need to pay the regular call charges either. You can still call them even if you do not have any credit on your mobile phone.


You can seek anonymous and cost-free counselling from the Parents' Hotline. You can tell the staff about your worries and difficulties and they will listen to you and try to help you find a solution. You can reach the parents' hotline every day between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. at (the cost-free number) 0800 777 18 77 in German and English. Or you can write to them ( in German, English, Arabic, Farsi, French, Turkish, Kurdish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Polish or Croatian. The staff will answer you within 24 hours.

Alternatively, you can 0800-111 0 550 and seek help from their staff regarding childcare. Keep in mind that the staff speak only German. Staff of Elterntelefon are available from Mondays to Fridays (9:00 to 11:00) and also on Tuesdays and Thursdays (from 17:00 to 19:00). You can benefit from their service anonymously if you wish so. The service and the call are both free.


Do you belong to the LGBTIQ* community and seek a doctor, lawyer or counselling centre specialised in LGBTIQ* issues? Gladt, an association providing support for LGBTIQ*, can offer you help. You can reach them at 0152-11859839 or via email ( The staff speak German, English, Arabic and Turkish, Farsi, French, Hebrew, Urdu and Punjabi. Their service is free, so you only have to pay the regular call charges.


Do you or a family member of yours have a disability and require counselling and support? At, you can search for a EUTB counselling centre in your area. The EUTB ("Ergänzende unabhängige Teilhabeberatung") provides people with disabilities or those at the verge of it, and their relatives with cost-free support and counselling throughout Germany.