All counselling centres also provide support to people with disabilities. For instance, you can go to a Migration counselling centre for Adults- or if you are under 27, seek advice from a Youth Migration Service (JMD) in your area. The staff in both organisations speak various languages. Refugees with disabilities can also find help at ProAsyl (in German and English) by calling 069-242 31472 or sending an email to email@example.com.
You can also contact one of the five organisations and associations which offer support to people with disabilities in Germany- where you can find detailed information about everyday life, law, work, health insurance and various other matters related to the people with disabilities (in German):
- Federal Association for the Blind and Partially Sighted ("Deutscher Blinden – und Sehbehindertenverband", DBSV)
- Federal Association for People with Physical and Multiple Disabilities ("Bundesverband für Körper und Mehrfachbehinderte", BVKM)
- Federal Association for the Disabled ("Bundesverband Selbsthilfe Körperbehinderter e. V.", BSK)
- German Association for the Deaf ("Deutscher Gehörlosenbund")
- Federal Association of Lifetime Help for People with Mental Disabilities ("Bundesvereinigung Lebenshilfe für Menschen mit geistiger Behinderung")