If you have fled for fear of being persecuted by state or non-state players from your country and do not want to avail yourself of the protection of your country of origin, you are entitled to refugee protection on the basis of the Geneva Refugee Convention.
You can be persecuted due to the following reasons:
- Race, (The term "race" is used in accordance with the wording of the Geneva Refugee Convention.),
- political opinion,
- fundamental religious conviction, or
- membership of a particular social group (also sexual orientation).
According section 3 subs. 1 of the Asylum Act (AsylG), you will receive:
- residence permit for three years according section 25 subs. 1 (AufenthG) within a blue pass
- settlement permit possible after three or five years if you meet other preconditions, such as the ability to earn enough money to make a secure living and adequate knowledge of German
- unrestricted access to the labour market. On your ID will be written “employment permitted” (“Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet”).
- entitled to privileged family reunification. Which means that you can apply to bring your family to Germany.