Staying in Germany

What options do I have for a long-term residence in Germany?

I do not have Ukrainian citizenship, but I have lived in Ukraine. What possibilities do I have?

I was born in Ukraine but never had a passport or ID. What options do I have?

I am of Jewish descent. What are my options?

I was already in Germany as a tourist before February 24th, 2022. What options do I have?

I came to Germany as a student. My visa is expiring soon. What can I do?

I am Ukrainian and live in Germany. Can I leave the country now and come back later?

Can I travel to other EU countries (or Schengen countries) with my residence permit?

Am I going to receive support to return to my country?

Residence Permit According to §24 Residence Act

What is 'temporary protection' and who can get it?

I have applied for temporary protection in another EU country. Can I come to Germany?

What rights and obligations would I have with 'temporary protection' (Section 24 of the Residence Act)?

When should I apply for the residence permit according to Section 24?

Where can I apply for the residence permit according to Section 24 of the Residence Act?

I have a residence permit according to § 24 Residence Act. Can I obtain another residence permit later?

Registration & Passport

Where do I have to register?

What happens after registration?

Do I have to register my address?

Do I need a passport to obtain a residence permit?

Can the authorities or the police keep my passport?

I do not have my passport / ID card with me or I have lost it. What can I do?

My residence permit is stolen or lost. What can I do?

I am in Germany. My passport is about to expire or has already expired. What can I do?

Seeking Asylum

Should I apply for asylum when I am in Germany?

The Immigration Office wants me to apply for asylum. What should I do?

How long does it take for an asylum application to be processed?

Can I decide for myself where I want to live if I apply for asylum?

I already applied for asylum before the Russian invasion. Do I have to do anything?

I have a Tolerated Stay Permit (Duldung). Can I be deported?