Educational Package

What is "Bildungs- und Teilhabepaket"?

The content above is shared from {videoservice}. For more information, click {socialhintlink_begin}here{socialhintlink_end}.

Participation in school trips, learning to play a musical instrument or joining a sports club can be costly. And such expenses are often not easy to afford for many families. The "Bildungs- und Teilhabepaket" (also called "Bildungspaket" or "Educational Package") is a form of state aid for children from low-income families intended to enable them to participate in school-related and leisure activities. With the Educational Package, the government supports children to participate in and benefit from certain activities and services at school and in their leisure time, such as lunch service at school or after-school care, private tuition and joining sports clubs and music classes.

What do I need to know?

What is the "Educational Package"?

What exactly does the Educational Package include?

How do I receive the benefits included in the Educational Package?

Who can benefit from the Educational Package?

My child is over 18 years old. Can we benefit from the Educational Package?

Where should I apply for benefits from the Educational Package?

When do I need to apply for the Educational Package?

What documents do I need for the application?


Is your child having problems at school? Do you, as a parent, sometimes feel overwhelmed? Then contact the "Elternhotline" network and ask for help. On their website, you will find support and helpful information for parents and children in many languages.