Tolerated Stay for Working Professionals (Beschäftigungsduldung)

What requirements do I have to meet?

The content above is shared from {videoservice}. For more information, click {socialhintlink_begin}here{socialhintlink_end}.

Since January 1, 2020, there is a new type of "Duldung" or tolerated stay permit: the so-called "Beschäftigungsduldung", which is regulated in §60d Residence Act. "Beschäftigungsduldung" is issued for those with a "Duldung" who already have a job and meet other requirements. Tolerated Stay for Working Professionals or "Beschäftigungsduldung" has two significant advantages over regular "Duldung": 1) As long as you have a "Beschäftigungsduldung", you cannot be deported. 2) As a holder of a "Beschäftigungsduldung", you can obtain a residence permit more quickly.

What do I have to know?

Can I obtain a "Beschäftigungsduldung"?

When is my deadline for identity verification?

Can my family members who live here also obtain a "Duldung"?

What happens if a family member has committed a criminal offence?

How long is a "Beschäftigungsduldung" valid?

Can I obtain a residence permit later?

Can I lose my "Beschäftigungsduldung"?

Can I change jobs while having "Beschäftigungsduldung"?

Can I switch directly from "Ausbildungsduldung" to "Beschäftigungsduldung"?

Where and how do I apply for a "Beschäftigungsduldung"?

Can I travel abroad with "Beschäftigungsduldung"?

What can I do if the Immigration Office rejects my application for a "Beschäftigungsduldung"?

I do not meet the requirements for "Beschäftigungsduldung" - what can I do?

Where can I seek advice and support?


"Beschäftigungsduldung" is meant to protect working people with "Duldung" from deportation. However, the requirements are very high and quite challenging to meet.